Guide to kasher and remove the browser on the TCL Flip 2 (T804DL)
This guide is based on the amazing work of forum user @darth in this thread.
Credit goes to @neutronscott @lgexalter1 @biden2020prez and @yeti as well for all of their work in helping to build out this incredible solution.
This guide only works on the TCL Flip 2 that runs a version of AOSP, using this guide on any other model or any other tcl phone such as those running kaios may result in a hard brick!!
Apps4Flip takes no responsibility for any actions that you perform based on instructions from this page. We also take no responsibility for the quality or kashrus of the roms posted below. You assume all risk and if you end up with a bricked phone don’t come to us, you have been warned.
The TCL Flip 2 is currently the best Android based flip phone that is for sale! It is responsive, features an external display, and has very solid build quality. It is also available for a very reasonable 20$ - 30$ from both Total By Verizon and Tracfone. This guide will help you kasher this phone so that it will no longer have a browser and other undesired features.
Just a reminder you can use our promo code located on this page to get a free month of service at Total By Verizon when used within 14 days of activation.
We strongly encourage that you factory reset your device before performing the steps in this guide.
We need to install some prequisites in order to properly flash this device. So make sure you are using a windows computer and then get the following:
- Download and extract adb and fastboot
- Download MTK Meta
- Download and install MTK Drivers
Choosing a ROM
Please go to this forum thread and download the kosher ROM that you would like
Kashering And Flashing
Now that we have the rom, follow these instructions to flash.
- Download VBMeta files and extract them into the same directory that extracted adb to.
- Open the MTK Meta Tool that you downloaded above and select ‘Reboot Fastboot Mode’
- Power Off your phone completely. Then plug into your computer while it is powered off.
- Once your phone screen says: =>FASTBOOT mode… on it run the command
fastboot flashing unlock in adb.
- The phone will now display a warning on the screen. Use the volume keys to confirm and unlock the bootloader.
- Now run the following commands
fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.bin
fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.bin
fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta_vendor vbmeta_vendor.bin
fastboot flash super super.bin
- Once completed run
fastboot reboot to reboot your device
You are now done, enjoy your newly kashered device!!